Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Bare Bones Pantry

I'm finding more and more products I use occasionally, triggering hives, that will not be replaced with commercially produced items.  After ripping my pantry and fridge apart looking for the culprits, I've noticed the words 'natural flavorings' on just about every thing getting tossed out.  It's even in plain old yellow mustard.  How can that be?  Why does our society insist ... or put up with being fed ... laboratory flavors in almost every product?  My trash list today includes:  organic ketchup, basic prepared yellow mustard, season salts, canned tuna, and mayo.  Natural or not ... if it's not found in the product in a natural God given state ... so long.  Today's hives were triggered by Johnny's Seasoning Salt ... it has quite a few triggers such as soy, malto-dextrin, and cellulose gel (I actually knew better but slipped by using this product).  My word ... I should have been wearing my bi-focals years ago!

Natural Flavorings

Mustard Recipes